Monday, September 3, 2012

GUTGAA Meet and Greet

Howdy fellow GUTGAAs. 
I'm excited to join in the festivities and meet other writers. Deana Barnhart has done an amazing job with this. Happy blog hopping!

On to the questions:

*      Where do you write?
I mostly write at my computer desk. If the weather is nice and I’m having a plot problem, then I’ll go outside with pen and paper.

*      Quick. Go to your writing space, sit down and look to your left. What is the first thing you see?
My cat staring at her treat container. I really need to find a better place for that.

*      Favorite time to write?
Early mornings. Sometimes, I’ll start writing at 3:30 or 4 in the morning. I love the silence.

*      Drink of choice while writing?
My favorite drink is a strong cup of coffee.

*      When writing, do you listen to music or do you need complete silence?
It depends. I like writing in silence, but music inspires me. If I’m writing a difficult scene, I’ll play a song that reflects the scene. I love Pandora.

*      What was your inspiration for your latest manuscript and where did you find it?
My latest manuscript is a blend of Space Western and Mystery. Joss Whedon’s Firefly TV series inspired me, as well as Anne McCaffrey’s Pern series. I still can’t believe she died last year. I’ve read her works for almost 30 years.

*      What's your most valuable writing tip?
To quote Galaxy Quest, “Never give up, never surrender!” I have an amazing circle of writing friends that constantly inspire me. They’re also fantastic at kicking my butt when I need it. Having that support is invaluable to me.


To continue with the Meet and Greet: http://deanabarnhart.blogspot.com/2012/08/gutgaa-meet-and-greet-sign-ups-and.html

13 comments:

  1. Lol, I was just thinking about that Galaxy Quest quote this morning. I walked inside the house and the first thing my husbands say, "Never give up..." and I respond with the rest. My daughter''s eyes light up, and I am suddenly the coolest mom in her universe. They had been watching the movie before I came home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting up that early to write? Now that's dedication. I'm your newest follower! *waves* Very nice to meet you!

    AA
    http://anallegedauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I LOVE that movie, Galaxy Quest.

    I'm clapping like those silly aliens right now. ;) haha

    SO nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never Give Up. Never Surrender. I think we've talked about that before. LOL!

    Such a cool movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carla! So nice to meet you! You have the best blog title in all the internets :) I too am surrounded by books and cats.
    And Pern! I read so many of those books in junior high!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firefly. Pern. Galaxy Quest. Now if you had a dog instead of a cat and you were writing at 3:30 or 4:00 in morning because you haven't gone to bed yet, you could be me. I want to read more about Fringe Town. It's great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe someone has me beat for early writing! Great job!! I love the silence of that time too... and it's so nice to greet the dawn every morning. Nice to meet you, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pern's one of my favorites, too. I write science fiction, but with dogs and horses--well, I have a few cats in there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Nothing like a good butt kick from a friend to keep you going! I totally relate.

    :) Rachel Dillon
    ThroughEndangeredEyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello from GUTGAA :) I am so glad I am not the only coffee addicted, cat serving, Galaxy Quest watching writer out there! I wish you the best of luck!

    T.J.
    queenofpaddedroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love being outside with a pen and paper, but then its annoying to have to transfer it all on to computer. It was nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little late coming to the meet and greet, but nice to meet you. I love the name of your blog. (and that your cat treat box is right by your computer.) I have a cat and he'd never leave me alone if the treats were that close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hubby is a firefly addict! I like the kitty treat placement. But you need to write more in this blog. *kicks your butt*

    ReplyDelete